Spent some time (about two and a half hours) playing the currently available version of the game last night and had to come back to share some thoughts.
First and foremost, the game has a brilliant concept and execution despite the bugs and incomplete / Work-In-Progress elements.
Love the tactical / management / micro-management elements you've got to work with going on with the whole visual-novel feel to the game, and the fact that you're taking the time to include character creation and a background / prelude with player choices incorporated into them.
Some stuff to consider as the game's development progresses:
- Character Creation can be expanded to include an avatar that is customized based on player choices during the process.
- Additional art should be included with the various scenes and events.
- Battles and Combat scenarios could be improved / expanded to turn-based combat on a battle-grid (with tokens or sprites to represent the various characters)
- Character Actions / Abilities / Attacks during combat could be expanded to include additional options.
- Include an 'Energy' meter of some kind to indicate how much energy your character has to act with each day, and how much certain actions consume.
Some of the bugs that I've noticed while playing:
- Rest feature doesn't always work.
- Recovery on rest doesn't always work.
- Servant Management tied to the Rest feature doesn't always refresh with a Rest [when it works].